Thursday, November 22, 2012
Joni and I took a walk on this glorious Thanksgiving day. We skipped having a feast; we'll do that tomorrow or the next day. Instead it is just a lazy day.
The oaks seem especially beautiful this year.
Joni and I are alone with the dogs for Thanksgiving this year. Hard not to count our blessings. Amongst them are:
1. Joni and I are still alive and kicking.
2. Obama won the election.
3. We have enough money. Not too much, not too little: just the proper amount that makes us appreciate having enough without taking things for granted.
4. Israel and Hamas have stopped pummeling each other with bombs. And wasn't that cool how Hilary Clinton negotiated that settlement? Do you think Mittens could have done that?
5. We have good health insurance that takes care of those things that break down after one turns 50.
6. I have a good job that provides for this family even though I work just part time. I have the flexibility to increase my hours when unforeseen circumstances arrive.
7. We were able to take a trip this year, just Joni and me.
8. Obamacare was upheld by the Supreme Court.
9. We remain warm and dry within this home-made house.
10. God this dear Earth is beautiful!