Monday, July 14, 2014

Zite...


This is a coyote we picked up on our trail cam. This fellah was sniffing around about 25 yards from our house.

Every post I write gets around 70 hits. That's the average. If I push the post on Facebook, I can get that up to 150 or so.

Some posts do better than others. Evidently, "Zite" picked up my last post in one of its feeds that it sends out to specialty users. So if a person is interested in lightweight backpacking, Zite picks it up and sends it to IPhone and Ipad users. I don't have any of those things, so I don't know what it is like.

My piece on the death of backpacking got picked up by Zite and it has had over 1,000 hits today. That's kind of fun but a bit worrisome. All of us are becoming so insulated in our opinions that we only get information on topics that we focus on. And usually just one side.

My post was a bit anti-speed hiking, so it ruffled a few feathers. Something I like to do on occasion.



No comments:

Post a Comment